Help us transform the way Strategic Finance (FP&A) teams work
Abacum is a financial planning solution built specifically for today’s tech finance teams. By focusing on automation, collaboration, analysis and reporting, we transform finance teams from numbers crunchers into impactful decision makers.
Founded in 2020, we are now a company of 120+ employees across the globe, including 25+ nationalities and offices in both New York and Barcelona – oh, and we’re remote-friendly, too.
We are trusted by finance teams of top tech companies such as Mixpanel, Typeform, Whatnot, Deputy, Tier, Lunar, Cabify, and Tul among many others.
So far we have raised $30M+ from some of the world's top investors (Y-Combinator, Atomico, Creandum) and amazing angels such as Justin Kan (co-founder at Twitch and Atrium, Y Combinator), Jenny Bloom (CFO at Zapier and Mailchimp), Ingo Uytdehaage (CFO at Adyen), and Max Tayenthal (co-CEO and co-founder at N26).
Our mission is very ambitious, and we can’t do it alone. Come join our rocket ship! 🚀
👤 We are looking for...
…the Head of / Senior Manager of Demand Generation, a critical role and will be instrumental in structuring and scaling the Demand Generation function, with a view to build a predictable, sustainable model that generates a growing inbound pipeline.
You will be part of the Marketing team and report directly to the VP Marketing. You will join an international, friendly team of passionate people in the areas of Content, Demand Gen, Product Marketing and Operations, and you will connect the dots with other teams across the business. As a senior Demand Generation recruit, you will be empowered to drive the strategy and execution of various marketing programmes that capture and nurture leads across multiple channels. This role will have one direct report (which we are currently also recruiting for).
You will also work very closely with the Sales team, Product and Customer Success teams, and will have the fantastic opportunity to shape the Demand Generation motion, align inbound and outbound efforts, and genuinely make a positive impact on the organization moving forward.
📣 Being a Head of / Senior Manager of Demand Generation at Abacum means...
- Defining, planning, and executing a compelling, impactful Demand Generation strategy and operational plan
- Planning and executing memorable, integrated demand generation campaigns to raise awareness and generate high quality leads. You will focus on activating and nurturing our audiences, internationally, and across a variety of industries. You will own campaigns from start to finish, as well as measurement and reporting.
- Selecting, experimenting with, and orchestrating a variety of channels and mediums (such as email marketing, PPC channels, retargeting, SEO, digital channels, syndication, events and webinars production, social, content, etc…) in order to find the most effective mix of activities. This also includes keyword and SEO research, ad copywriting, ongoing campaign optimization.
- Owning marketing performance metrics (such as website, PPC, email data, funnel conversion, etc…) and being responsible for the Demand Generation monthly budget.
- Partnering with the BDR team to follow up on leads, support conversion, gather insight to improve lead quality, as well as identify opportunities to run joint activities (such as ABM campaigns)
- Working closely with Marketing Ops and Revenue Ops to make the most of automation opportunities, understand the pipeline dynamics, identify bottlenecks and implement solutions, using the right technology.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, ICP, personas, and of the buyer’s journey.
This is a non-exhaustive list. There is a lot of room for you to shape, transform, optimize and scale the Demand Generation function. We care for your opinion, experience, and you will have plenty of support from colleagues across the organization to ensure you are successful in your role.
You will be successful in this role if you are:
- a strategist: you have a vision, and know how to deliver it
- a doer: you roll up your sleeves to get things done
- a metrics lover: you love looking into performance metrics and make data-driven decisions
- a go getter: you proactively research, ask questions, take initiatives
- a project manager: you keep track of your priorities and deadlines
- a curious investigator: keen to understand our audiences and experiment with channels, messaging, demand gen tactics
🛠 You can easily check off…
- 8+ years of experience in Demand Generation for SaaS / Tech organizations (this is a senior role, you will be empowered to take initiatives)
- Experience working at an early-stage, high-growth start-up / scale-up environment (imperative)
- A demonstrable track record of planning and executing Demand Generation activities that deliver results (revenue). You are comfortable orchestrating multiple channels and mediums in order to find the most effective mix.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, as well as shifting priorities. Project management skills are highly desirable
- Extensive experience of both the North American and European markets
- Experience working in close partnership with the Sales team to understand personas, ICP, leverage pipeline insight, improve conversion rates, and optimize your activities and targeting based on actionable feedback.
- Strong experience tracking and analyzing performance metrics (such as website analytics, PPC metrics, pipeline data, conversion rates, etc…). You are comfortable with numbers and use data to support your decisions.
⭐️ This role is perfect if you are…
- Passionate about what you do! Genuine passion for Demand Generation, Growth marketing, and cracking the code to generating predictable inbound pipeline is a must.
- Determined to make an impact. You will have ownership of your role, a lot of support from people across teams, and real opportunity to shape the function.
- A doer this is a hands-on role, which will combine strategic thinking with hands-on execution. You will own your projects from start to finish.
- Agile and focused priorities change fast; we experiment, we learn, we adjust, we execute fast and we do not compromise on quality. We focus on what moves the needle.
- Numerical and revenue-centric you keep track of your key metrics, love numbers, and constantly analyze the performance of your channels in order to make data-driven decisions
- Collaborative - together is better; this role will give you the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders internally and externally, and connect a lot of dots. Collaboration, approachability and openness to feedback are essential.
- Naturally curious - you are always at the forefront of the industry, you constantly keep a pulse on the market and our competitors; you are always eager to keep learning in your field, grow and share your knowledge.
🌟Bonus Points if you have...
- Already held a similar position in another SaaS or Tech organization in the Finance / Operations / Planning categories (super bonus)
- Experience marketing to, and connecting with, Finance personas
- Experience building a Demand Generation function at an early-stage organization and taking it to the next level
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive paid vacation days per year
- Private health insurance and access to Calm
- Remote-friendly culture and flexible working hours
- Personal development including Blinkist and language courses
- Fun in-person off-sites and virtual get-togethers
- Relocation support if applicable
❤️ Our values
- Customer Obsession: We share the understanding that Abacum's sole purpose is to create value for customers and relentlessly deploy all creativity and energy to that end.
- Audacious Ambition: We dream big and embrace discomfort. We assume risks, make on-time mistakes and learn how to methodically accomplish our goals.
- Good People: We are self-reflective and praise diversity of thought. We don't justify the end with the means and know where to draw the line. We have fun every day.
- Tough Love: We truly care for everyone in the team and embrace honest feedback and radical transparency as ways to genuinely help each other.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.