Join a fast-growing tech company building the OS of strategic finance
Abacum is transforming the way Strategic Finance (FP&A) teams work. Our solution empowers teams to track operational and financial performance and reporting, conduct financial planning (forecasting, budgeting, scenarios), and collaborate with the rest of the organization to serve as an impactful business partner.
We are changing the trajectory of growing start-ups such as Mixpanel, Typeform, Whatnot, Deputy, Tier, Lunar, Cabify, and Tul among many others.
Abacum started in 2020 and has since grown to 100+ employees with 25+ nationalities - we’re a remote-friendly global company with offices in both New York and Barcelona.
We’re on a fast growth trajectory and have raised $30M+ from some of the world's top investors (Y-Combinator, Atomico, Creandum), and amazing angels such as Justin Kan (co-founder at Twitch and Atrium, Y Combinator), Jenny Bloom (CFO at Zapier and Mailchimp), Ingo Uytdehaage (CFO at Adyen), and Max Tayenthal (co-CEO and co-founder at N26).
We are on a very ambitious mission, and we can’t do it alone.
Come join our rocket ship! 🚀
The Head of / Senior Manager of Product Marketing is a critical role and will be instrumental in leading and setting the direction of the Product Marketing function, building strong foundations for success and strong relationships between Marketing, Product and Customers.
You will be part of the Marketing team and report directly to the VP Marketing, and will be empowered to drive the strategy and execution of the Product Marketing function.
You will join an international, friendly team of passionate people in the areas of Content, Demand Gen and Operations. The Marketing team is growing fast and we are currently recruiting for 5+ new roles, including additional Product Marketing specialist to strengthen your team.
You will work very closely with the Product team (including Product Managers, Designers and Researchers), the Sales team, and will have the fantastic opportunity to shape the Product Marketing motion, align Product and Marketing projects, and genuinely make a positive impact on the organization moving forward.
This is a hands-on, broad-remit Product Marketing role, which includes the following responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Defining, planning and executing a compelling, impactful Product Marketing strategy and operational plan
- Ongoing market and competitors research
- Creation and iteration of persona profiles, messaging grids, customer journey mapping, and articulation of them across all Marketing channels and material
- Production of Sales enablement tools, such as battlecards, product factsheets, interactive tools
- Creation of compelling case studies, customer stories, to be versioned across channels and formats
- Product communication: product newsletter, features and roadmap communication, articulation of the Product proposition across various mediums (website, marketing emails, content, etc…)
- Customer communication: engaging our community of customers to gather insight on usage, value, use cases; leveraging powerful testimonials and customer stories; engaging customers for events and joint marketing activities
- Product adoption: working closely with the Product team to optimize product activation and adoption, understand and map out our customer journeys, continuously optimize onboarding and customer experience
This is a non-exhaustive list. There are already foundations in place but there is a lot of room for you to shape, transform, and optimize the Product Marketing function. We care for your opinion, experience, and you will have plenty of support from colleagues across the organization to ensure you are successful in your role.
In time, there is potential for this role to have direct reports (as the team grows and needs more capacity in this area).
This role is perfect if you have…
- 8+ years of experience in Product Marketing for SaaS / Tech organizations (this is a senior role, you will be empowered to take initiatives)
- Experience working in a high-growth startup / scale up environment (imperative)
- A demonstrable track record of planning and delivering Product Marketing assets to support Demand Generation, Sales and Customer Success, such as (to name but a few): value proposition, messaging grids, personas, customer journeys, case studies, sales enablement tools, customer communication assets, etc.)
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, as well as shifting priorities. Project management skills are highly desirable
- Experience working closely with the Product and Sales teams to help optimize product activation and adoption, to better understand our customers and how we can provide value to them, and ultimately to better articulate the value proposition across all Marketing channels
- Experience building outstanding relationships with customers, to unearth impactful customer stories, case studies and others to leverage testimonials and event opportunities, and to support customer expansion and retention
- Strong experience of the North American market (imperative). This role will be based at our New York office and deep knowledge of the North American market is a must
This role is perfect if you are…
- Passionate about what you do! Genuine passion for Product Marketing and connecting the Product to the Market and its customers is a must
- Determined to make an impact. You will have ownership of your role, a lot of support from people across teams, and real opportunity to shape the function
- A doer - this is a hands-on role, which will combine strategic thinking with hands-on execution
- Agile - priorities change fast; we learn, we adjust, we execute fast and to a high standard
- Collaborative - together is better; this role will give you the opportunity to work with multiple teams across the organization; collaboration, approachability and openness to feedback are essential
- Passionate about customers - engaging them, and contributing to shaping a product that will provide them with the highest value
- Naturally curious - you are always at the forefront of the industry, you constantly keep a pulse on the market and our competitors; you are always eager to keep learning in your field, grow and share your knowledge
Bonus Points if you have...
- Already held a similar position in another SaaS organization in the Finance / Operations / Planning categories (super bonus)
- Experience marketing to, and connecting with, Finance stakeholders
- Experience building a Product Marketing function from scratch
- Extensive experience of the North American market (essential - the role is based in the US, preferably at our New York office)
- Experience building and engaging with a community of customers
- Experience with PLG / Product Led Growth principles
This role is perfect if you...
- Are excited to own the Customer Success function including P&L responsibility
- Lead by example and take a hands on approach with our key customers
- Work well with cross-functional teams around Key Account planning to ensure maximum value for both our customer and Abacum
- Grow and manage a highly effective team of Customer Success Managers to further support Abacum’s growth around the world
- Guide your team to develop and enact a plan for each customer’s expansion, and renewal goals
- Own all customer metrics reporting
- Build and maintain internal and external knowledge base for customers and internal teams to reference including self-service instructions
- 5+ years of experience in Customer Success teams in a fast-growing company
- 3+ years in a managerial role
- Experience with B2B SaaS
- Experience working in the financial planning (FP&A) or finance software space (ERPs, corporate performance software) is highly desirable
- Experience hiring and building a customer success team
- Experience developing trusted relationships with new clients
- Excellent presentation, organizational, and communication skills
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Exciting stock options so we grow together
- 20+ paid vacation days per year
- Flexible work hours, and remote-friendly culture
- Excellent benefits, including private health insurance, Calm & Blinkist subscriptions, language courses, and more to come
- We have fun together, with amazing quarterly off-sites, laidback pizza nights, just to name a few
- Fast career growth and opportunities at a truly welcoming, multicultural company
- This role is based in New York (hybrid for this role)
- Relocation support
- Customer Obsession: We share the understanding that Abacum's sole purpose is to create value for customers and relentlessly deploy all creativity and energy to that end
- Audacious Ambition: We dream big and embrace discomfort. We do work that has never been done before. This comes with challenges, frustrations, and failures along the way. We embrace them, we persevere and we invent, simplify, and are creative to overcome them
- Good People: We are self-reflective and praise diversity of thought. We don't justify the end with the means and know where to draw the line. We have fun every day. We only can succeed as a team. We are in this together and strongly believe that as a team we are much greater than the sum of our parts. We enjoy our diversity, encourage different opinions, and respect each other as we come together to build, improve and grow
- Tough Love: We truly care for everyone in the team and embrace honest and constructive feedback and radical transparency as ways to genuinely support each other
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.